If you talk to some of the best wedding photographers in Delhi, they will reveal that increasingly they are using drone shots to take amazing wedding photos. While earlier, some of the top wedding photographers in Delhi NCR took drone shots, but with the falling prices of drones, any Top wedding photographer in Delhi NCR can use it.
There are many reasons due to which the drone wedding photography has become mainstream and one of them is that it gives the photographer a different perspective of looking at things from a great height. Some of the reasons due to which do not photography has gained such popularity in India are as follows.
- Flying the latest drone has become very easy and anybody within a very short time can learn not only how to fly a drone, but also how to place it at different angles to take amazing shots.
- Drones allow you to take photos from any angle that is not possible in that traditional photography.
- As a wedding photographer, you can lift the drone to great heights that would be risky for you to go and take a beautiful shot from there.
- Most of the drones that are available in the market run on batteries that are environmentally friendly and offers you a great alternative to taking aerial photos from other platforms such as a helicopter.
- Drones are also highly manoeuvrable and can reach some extreme places where it would be risky to go even if you are flying in an aeroplane or a helicopter. These drones can fly very close to a building, mountainside, or even a tree to take a great close up which is not possible from any other air platform.
- Taking photographs while flying in and the helicopter has its challenges as you have to adjust to the powerful downwash and high noise. In a drone, these problems are negligible.
- As a photographer, you can change the settings of the camera even while the drone is flying high up in the air remotely, which saves a lot of time which you have to spend otherwise bringing it back and changing the settings manually.
While drones give you a lot of flexibility and opportunity to take great shots, you have to abide by the rules when you are flying a drone.
- If your drone is more than 250 g (if it is not a nano drone), then you have to take the unmanned aircraft operator permit (UAOP) from the DGCA.
- You can fly your drone only 50 m above the ground (if it is not a nano drone).
- Your nano drone should not fly in controlled airspace.
- Operating the drone is restricted to daylight only and it should be within the visual sight of the operators.
If you follow these rules then as a professional photographer, the drone will give you an additional platform through which you can take breathtaking photos.